The Fam

The Fam

Friday, May 15, 2009

Stop it

Willson has a new phrase. "Top it" (Stop it). Savannah came running out to the Living Room last night to tell us. She was tickling him and he started saying it. She was so excited. I thought it was cute and laughed. I must say that to him a lot. He has been pretty naughty lately. So this morning I heard him yelling from his crib while I was getting breakfast for the kids. There were a few "up" and lots of yelling to let me know he was awake. So I went in to get him out of bed. He's a little obsessed with "cuddle" right now, he'll even grab a blanket to cuddle with you, but I digress. Anyway his routine when I come in is, I flip on the light and say "Good Morning Baby Boy!" to which he used to reply "Morning" but now lays back down and says "cuddle cuddle". So then I say "Do you want to get up?". Usually he scrambles up and waits for me to get him out. This morning he looked at me, still laying down and said "top it". So I asked him again if he wanted to get up and again he said "top it" of course adding his own little dirty look. So trying not to laugh I waited through several more rounds of do you want to get up and top it. Finally he agreed to get up and we went on with our day. I think his response is indicative of his mood today, he's been walking around finding things to cry about this morning. Thank goodness the sun is shining and it's playgroup day!

No comments: