The Fam

The Fam

Friday, May 22, 2009

It's worth it

My parents are going to be visiting us soon and staying with us for the first time. They were going to purchase an air mattress, when they got here. So today I as going through the ads, to throw away, when I came across an add for an air mattress for $29, Queen size, at Big 5. It was 3:15 and Savannah had a Birthday party that started at 4:00. I tossed the kids in the car and we ran to our local Big 5. I was very disappointed to find that they did not have what I needed. They called a different store and asked them to hold one for me. I raced Savannah home for the party, made it just in time, grabbed the GPS and set out for the other location. Now it's Friday afternoon and I'm facing traffic. I get to the store, without too much trouble, having never been there before. They immediately go to the back to get my mattress. The clerk comes up empty handed. He then goes to the shelves and once again comes up empty handed. I'm starting to get really upset now and preparing myself for a hissy fit that I'm convinced is now unavoidable. Thankfully, another clerk was able to find the item and I made my purchase and happily headed home. Crisis averted. I was once again faced with traffic and it was way worse! I merged with a Septic truck and after reading the back of it, the whole trip was completely worth it.
Now, it's a Septic truck, and it says on the back...
"Caution: May Contain Political Promises"

1 comment:

Sarah Nelson said...

Ha ha! That is SO funny! That definitely would have made up for all the stress of the trip!