The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scratchies

My sweet husband, Andy, is a lover of all things scratchies. He could have his back scratched 24 hours a day and it still wouldn't be enough. Me, not so much. I do enjoy the occasional back scratch, but often only last for all of 5 minutes before I've had enough. The burden of keeping my husband well scratched fell on me for the first several years of our marriage before I tired of it. Since then, he has turned to out children in his hour of need. They however are rewarded for their efforts with treats, which from Andy always involves some form of chocolate. I have asked him several times not to bribe them because I want them to learn to do things out of the goodness of their hearts, not be of the what's in it for me mentality. In Andy's defense that is the only way he gets scratched anymore. I guess if I was willing to alleviate some of the burden my children might do more things out of the goodness of their hearts.
So, today after cuddling with Delaney for about 20 minutes I asked her if she would be willing to scratch my back.
Her response was "for treats?"
To which I replied "No, just to be sweet."
Then she says "Uh, I was already sweet to you."
Thanks so much Andy.
I eventually talked her into it and after about 2 swirls she let out a big sigh and said "When am I going to be done?"
I let her off the hook then. I wasn't going to get quality scratchies out of her now.
No scratchies for the itchy.

No comments: