The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I did it

I did it. What you may ask have I done? Let me tell you a little bit about my day yesterday. It started off well. I got all the kids off to school, totally on time, without any fuss. Baby boy was cranky, so I put him down for a nap. He's at a weird stage right now with naps. We're still in transition from 2 to 1 nap a day, so about once or twice a week he takes 2 naps. It was definitely a 2 nap day. I changed his diaper dressed him in a one piece outfit, thinking that was the safest for my little stripper. He can now undo ALL onsies. Crazy? I know! Never had one of those before. So, I get him put down. Laney and I pulled out Sorry to play(by far my favorite) and all was quiet in the boys room. After our game I was getting ready to get in the shower when I thought I heard him playing in his room (sometimes he doesn't go right to sleep). I poked my head into the room and found him, you guessed it, naked. And happy. I thoroughly reprimanded him, put the diaper back on him and put him back into bed. This time he immediately fell asleep. Next I take you to when he woke up. Apparently I didn't hear him awake because he was once again naked, even though I rushed in the first time I heard him stir. He did not sleep that way, I checked. We get him up and listen to a little music and dance a little and since the kids had early release that day we went to pick them up. I decided to pick up Papa Murphy's for dinner, so we went there straight after getting the kids, I'm not loading and unloading children anymore then I have to. While I was ordering the pizza, the kids were supposed to be watching Willson. I say supposed to be because I ended up having to chase him almost behind the counter. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but he's actually made it past the pizza making to the register before. The little stinker is fast! So, after that experience, the kids were supposed to be watching him that time too, I thought they would be more vigilant. Come on, there's 3 of them and 1 of him. So, I got him on a bench and told Savannah to sit with him and to not let him up. I finished ordering and paying and went to take over Willson dutie. As I was going to sit down I noticed that 2 of the 4 snaps were undone. As I crouched down to fix it, he started yanking on his diaper. He already had one strap undone and was trying to yank it off, in Papa Murphy's, before I could fix it. I was not about to let my baby drop his drawers in public. It's bad enough at home, but no way is he going to do that in public. We go home play outside, ride some bikes in the court and then when it's time to go in Mason invited a friend over. I was getting the boys settled, they wanted to listen to music and dance, when Willson runs out into the Living Room naked, again. I whisk him away before Mason's friend can see him in all his glory (he's an only child, so probably doesn't understand the whole naked baby thing). I went to put him down for his afternoon nap and within 5 minutes he'd tossed his diaper out of the crib. This time I pulled out the camera. With how much he strips, it's getting scrap booked. I've refrained until now, but it goes both ways, he's pushed me too far, he gets to live this one down. Unfortunately I can't post any nude pictures. He was laying down naked when I first walked in, but he quickly stood up to laugh and be excited about how clever he was. All the shots are noodle bearing, so he'll just get them in his album! HEHE! I had had it! I was all done. I went to the hall closet and grabbed a roll of duct tape. Yep, duct tape. And I duct taped that freaking diaper! Oh boy, he was not happy about that.
Then I took a picture of it. Enjoy! *when Andy put him to bed last night he duct taped the diaper again (it works, btw) and then he duct taped the zipper closed on his sleeper (wish I had a pic of that).

1 comment:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

That is so hilarious! Every family has to have one! Hailey was ours but I have to say, I don't think she was quite as persistent as your little guy! She is 6 now so I could have blocked those memories from my memory - ha ha!

I love blogging too! And I definitely enjoy reading your blogs too! It is such a great was to "keep in touch" with busy, busy lives!