The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nap time

Our cat, Sid, loves to sleep in every one's bed. I've wondered/suspected he has been sleeping in Willson's bed while keeping us unaware. Well, I got my answer yesterday. I went in to change Willson's diaper before his nap and didn't even notice Sid making himself at home in Willson's crib. When I discovered him I used him as leverage to get Willson into bed. He was trying to run and hide from me, but as soon as I asked him if he wanted to take a nap with Sid, he was all for napping! Now Sid is not a huge fan of Willson. So I giggled in anticipation of the showdown when Willson would join him in the crib. Serves the cat right for getting in there when he knows he's not allowed. Much to my surprise, Sid did not move. Willson was calling out "cuddle, cuddle" while I was still changing his diaper. I put him in the crib and the two of them just looked at each other. I didn't understand the problem. Willson was looking at Sid with a look that I couldn't figure out. I finally placed it. It was the "um, how can I lay down if he's hogging the pillow" look. I scooted Sid over and they both settled in for a nap. Yes, our cat uses a pillow as it's intended, constantly, this isn't a fluke caught on camera. He's so weird.
When Willson woke up I went in to get him and Sid hopped out of the crib as I got Willson up. Guess he was done sleeping.

No comments: