The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day

Andy asked me the other day what his gift budget was for Mothers day. I told him it was nothing. He bugged and bugged, in favor, me against, gifting until finally I said $20. He was so not happy with that. Not that he sticks to ANY gift budget EVER! I guess he could have worse faults, but he's married to a cheapo. I am totally and completely cheap. Someone once told me "You're not cheap, you're frugal" to which I replied "No, I'm cheap." I'm not ashamed of it.
I do however enjoy it when Andy breaks the budget.
Shh, don't tell him!
This year I decided I don't want any money spent.
I told him I want 3 things...
1. I want to sleep in.
Now I probably won't sleep past my normal getting up time, but I want to sleep till I decide to get up,not because someone wants me to make them breakfast or get them out of their crib.
2. I want to hide in my room after church, if I so choose.
I've had a rough couple of days and would like to reserve that right.
3. I want to wake up to a clean house on Monday morning.
Number 3 is probably the most important, because I could do numbers 1&2, Andy would let me have that, on a normal day. But, I would feel bad asking for number 3 on just a normal day,
not that he doesn't do that for me, but because I feel bad if he does. So, my yummy breakfast, which I've chosen in lieu of dinner, (I picked Papa Murphy's for dinner...I heart pizza!)
I will enjoy so much more knowing I don't have to do the dishes associated with it. So, here's to yummy French Toast, Bacon, Orange Juice and Papa Murphy's without the mess.
Mothers Day Rocks!
*I'll let you know how it really works out!

No comments: