The Fam

The Fam

Friday, July 17, 2009

Yuck

I don't know how to deep clean, I'll be the first to admit it. Thankfully Andy does and he's willing to teach me, so hopefully someday?
Keeping that in mind...yesterday I decided that I needed to deep clean my fridge, in preparation for our move (11 days!) so that it would just require a thorough wipe down when we move. I must have been cleaning fridges wrong all these years. I was shocked at how many pieces came out of the fridge. Here I was sitting on the floor with my soap, water and sponge. When for the most part I could have been at the kitchen sink with piece in hand. Let me tell you how much easier it was to clean it when it was out of the fridge. After spending forever wondering how to get all the nooks and crannies clean I thought hey, this might come out. I am happy to say that it did. It was meant to come out, I didn't just break the fridge, btw. I then had to rewash everything I'd already done, this time removing the pieces. I am happy to say my fridge now sparkles.
Delaney wanted to get in on the cleaning action too, so I grabbed the clorox wipes and she went to work. My kids love those. They'd clean anything if they got to use them. Yeah, that's the oven hood. She's standing on the counter.

*Andy was so surprised when he got home. He was expecting to do it, so I told him he could do the oven instead!

1 comment:

Sarah Nelson said...

Ha ha ha! Yeah, practically everything comes out of the fridge now. I love it! And... I would much rather clean the fridge than the oven... anyday!