The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, July 2, 2009

$2, I want my $2

I really wanted pizza today.
I knew if I took the kids to the store they would go crazy
begging for things, so I came up with an idea.
I told them that they each had $2 to spend on
anything they wanted for lunch.
They were excited and as we discussed the
possibilities they became even more excited.
So, off to the store we went.
Savannah chose ham (for a sandwich), string cheese and cookies.
(she originally had goldfish and then discovered the cookies,
for the same price, then the switch was made)
Mason chose a mini frozen pizza (no surprise there) and blueberry yogurt. What was surprising was how long it took him to decide.
He is usually an in & out shopper, just like me. Delaney chose a lunchable.

She decided on that at home and never once wavered.

I provided the bananas. Willson had pizza too. I wasn't going to include him in this because he wouldn't know the difference, but he wanted pizza! I couldn't get a picture of it because at the grocery store he was licking the box, so gross, but otherwise he was screaming. I finally had to take it away when he managed to rip one end open. Trying to get him to pose with it would have just been torture for all of us!


Now when lunchtime came I was really nervous. They'd all chosen so differently, but things that each of them like. I was afraid there would be upset kids. I am happy to say that everyone was as pleased as could be with their lunch and there was no "I wish I had..." or "Why does he/she get..." I don't know, maybe them each getting to chose their own had something to do with it. I think this might become a new little outing to do to break up the monotony of summer break.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is a fantastic Idea. I wish that my kids were old enough to grasp the concept of $2. They would pick the most expensive thing there, and then try to make it be $2 by sheer willpower (it just doesn't work that way).

Kim said...

By the way, love the title for this post.

Sinclairs said...

I love it!! I'm going to do it tomorow for sure!

The Truth Be Told said...

Fantastic Idea... Luv it.. My kids are nuts, but I will give it a try :)

Amanda Walsh said...

Fun idea- plus they get the concept of what 2 dollars can buy and how many options there are! They'll become deal shoppers!