The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We're Moving!

I'm so excited! We're moving, into a real house!
Our lease here is up at the end of the month and we were tossing around the idea of trying to find something a little bigger with more privacy. Right now we have about 1100 square feet and we're an addition to another house. We do have a yard, which is so wonderful, but we want a house so bad. I didn't think this was going to happen because we are limited on our budget. Staying in our ward was not hard, there's lots of options for that, but in order to stay at the school where our kids are we didn't have many options and even less in our price range. We live on the edge of a very expensive neighborhood and if you move too far into our current neighborhood you switch schools. So, keeping that in mind, I was prepared to sign another lease. So, the other night we went for a drive, after celebrating Andy's promotion at work, and we came across a house that we immediately fell in love with. We were sad to find out that it was more expensive than we could afford, but Andy was not daunted. He spoke to the property manager and we met with the owner and were able to come to an agreement that satisfied all of us. We feel the Lord's hand in this so strongly. We've been praying about this house since the first time we saw it and felt very strongly that we were going to be blessed with this home. We put in our application last Tuesday and because of the holiday didn't find out till yesterday the outcome. Let me tell you, it was one of the longest weeks. I spent so much time on my knees because I couldn't believe the answer I kept getting, that I was going to get to live in this house. We have been truly blessed!
Our new home is nearly 2000 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms (we only have one now) and there is a dual head shower in the Master Bathroom (!!), Living Room and a Family Room, and has the most amazing backyard with tons of grass and a beautiful garden. For the first time in my married life I'm going to have a garage! I know that's kind of an odd thing to be excited about, but I am. I don't have any pictures to post yet, but I will post them as soon as I get some!

8 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how the Lord works to bless us in times in of need! Hope you enjoy all the extra space...and especially the extra bathrooms!

Linda Stauffer said...

I am so excited for you. Wow, the house is bigger than ours and the one you grew up in. Sweet!

Amanda Walsh said...

Yahooooo- I can't believe you're living in 1100 square feet! That's so hard!! We have 913 and that's squishing for us and we are only 3!! Good for you. I'm so excited.

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

I am so happy and excited for all of you! You guys deserve the best! Congrats! I wish we were closer so we could help with the move! We will be there in spirit!

Lindsey said...

that's so exciting! oh, what would all that space feel like?? congrats guys. ps...when are you coming to cali for a visit?

Sarah said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations!!! How awesome it will be to have more elbow rooom!! Can't wait to see it someday!!

Forever Green said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for ya'll!