The Fam

The Fam

Monday, July 13, 2009

I remember

Moving is like childbirth. You're so excited and then there's that moment when you suddenly remember how much you hate it and how NOT fun it is. Then you have the baby/move into the new house and everything is beautiful until you hit the 2 week mark. Then the world falls apart because you're not sleeping/your house is trashed and you want all the boxes to go away. If you remembered how much it sucked you would never do either of them again.
Today I think I've remembered.
And let me tell you it is not going to be fun. I've got a house full of chaos and feel there is no end in sight to all the packing. I want to throw organization out the window and start throwing random things into the box without any thought to the consequences of such a hasty decision. It's still 15 days till we actually move. I figure I got another 13 days before I can start throwing things into the boxes and saying "I'll sort it out after the move".
Right, like that'll happen.
I still have 2, I'll sort it out, boxes from the last move. Looks like I'll have a couple extra to go through once we move.
Hopefully this will be the last move for a long time!

2 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Oh man! That is so true! Ha ha ha! We will live in our house until we die only because we NEVER want to move again! Good luck! And keep breathing - it will be ok!

Amanda said...

What a great analogy! So true. We're back, maybe we can get together after you get moved in and settled.