The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, July 12, 2009

We got Told!

Today in church we were sitting in our pew with Willson on my lap. I guess he started kicking the back of the bench in front of us because all of the sudden there was a cute little 3 year old face staring at me not looking happy. I was told "He's kicking the seat, on my side." So I replied "Oh, I'm sorry honey." I was then told to "move him over there. (pointing to Andy's lap, next to me)" That's when Andy got involved. He realized I was talking to the little girl in front of us, so then she told him the same story and he said "Okay, honey." When we didn't move him she rolled her eyes turned back around. I turned to Andy and said "We just got told" and he said "I know" Then we sat there giggling for a few minutes. She kept looking back and rolling her eyes at us when she noticed we weren't following her instructions. Willson was not kicking anymore, but I don't think she liked being patronized. Andy decided to take it one step further. He grabbed Willson's foot and kicked the bench with it. When she didn't respond he kicked it again and then Willson got the idea and started doing it himself. We were both shaking with laughter, thankfully silently. She pulled out an eye roll, a dirty look and a "hey!" So, Andy started doing it right back to her. She was charmed within minutes. Then we had a cute giggler in front of us instead of a cute eye roller. I had to take Willson out later, he was being fussy, and she was now out with her mom. She looked over and said "hey, that's the baby that was kicking my seat." I sat there silently giggling.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time! Way to be the adults in the situation!