The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday I buried my head in the sand. I looked at the chaos and took my kids to the zoo instead. It was so nice to get out of the house and not think about moving for a couple of hours. We heard the Lion roar several times, from different parts of the zoo and he actually came right up to the glass at one point. This, of course, happened right after we left the area to "give other people a turn". Yep, I said that and wished for the next couple of hours that I would have been inconsiderate and stayed there a little longer. We were able to make it back to the glass, while he was still there. The crowd was five deep by then, but I still got to see a little. The kids still loved it, even though they didn't get a good view. It was just exciting to hear him. The bears were a huge disappointment. One was sleeping and the other was agitated. I think the lion made up for it though. Since we have a membership to the zoo, we tried to look at things we'd never seen before, it's a huge zoo. We saw Flamingos, Snow Leopard, and went to the "Family Farm". I think that was Willson's favorite part. He really liked seeing the cows. I think they have a small petting zoo there too. It wasn't open when we were there, but I think it would be worth it to take them back for that. I think they'd really love it. Love the zoo, can't wait to go back!
Last night, for our Enrichment night, we had a few ladies from the ward who were either from another country or had lived in another country. We learned about other countries and sampled food from that country. It was so fun! I was looking forward to it, but was so surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how fascinating it was. I guess it's been a long time since I "learned" something. Makes me want to go back to school, finally get a degree.
It was an awesome day!

No comments: