The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Andy

I never could have imagined, 10 years ago, my life today
Mother to 4 wonderful, crazy children
Wife to 1 wonderful, crazy husband
Living in Washington, so far from ALL that's familiar
And beyond words happy and fulfilled
And more in love with my husband than I thought possible
10 years ago today I thought my life was changing
It still is
I think it always will be
Nothing ever stays the same
It's not supposed to
But I'm coming to realize I can do change
I couldn't for a long time
Change is good
It's EXCITING
It's joy, it's heartbreak
It's our Father's will
Looking back on our Wedding Day
I thought I couldn't be more in Love
I had no idea what Love was
I probably still don't
But I know I want to keep going
Learning and Growing
With my sweet husband by my side
Here's to 10 more years of change!


*couldn't let it go without pics. of my cake and flowers. Besides getting married, they were the best things about that day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know who she's talking about, or who the guy in the picture is...... he looks like the milk man to me.

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Congrats Andy & Meliss! Wow - can you believe 10 years have gone by! Seems like the blink of an eye! We are so happy for you and your family! Wish you were closer! Have a very happy anniversary!

Sarah Nelson said...

10 years! What?!!!!!! I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday! I LOVED your flowers! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I picked the flowers....

Forever Green said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That was such a fun day! (Way to peel out in a stick, "Let's Get It On"). Ha ha! You guys are so awesome! I love your blog! Love ya!