The Fam

The Fam

Monday, June 8, 2009

Ice Age

Remember that part, in the movie "Ice Age", where the bad Saber Tooth Tiger says "I want the baby"? Yeah, that's how I felt at church yesterday. There were babies EVERYWHERE!!! I just couldn't get my hands on any of them. There were a couple of likely baby passers, but they either didn't have the baby with them or had family in town. One of them was my friend Chelsea. She had her mom and sister in town. Not only did I have to sit through an entire Sacrament meeting, RIGHT BEHIND them with only being able to look at the baby, which okay was awesome, but Andy chose a row right across from them in Sunday School. It was killing me. So, I leaned over and told him how much I wanted the baby, really any baby at this point would do, I was going crazy. So, his response was "Just grab the baby" I looked at him, horrified and he was just laughing at me. Then a few minutes later she started to cry and Grandma got up to take her out. Andy leaned over and said "Here's your chance! Knock her down and grab the baby." I looked at him and he said "what?" then "I'll trip her and you save the baby. Then you'll be the hero." That husband of mine obviously does not understand my pain.

3 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

Ha ha! I am so sorry for you! Husbands can be mean! :) I'll tell you what... I'm having a c-section on July 30th or 31st. Come visit your parents in August and you can hold my baby all you want... no asking needed! :)

Kim said...

Hmmm...Sounds awfully baby hungry for someone who is done ;).

chelsea :: stock said...

I have not laughed so hard... oh my. that was hilarious. I can't believe your husband conspired to push my mother down... so funny. I am so glad I found your blog today.

but be careful what you wish for... now that I know you want to hold her, you"ll be holding her all the time! oh and Jeff says her holding hours are between 8pm and 8am... :)