The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Old Friends

This past weekend we were able to get together with a very old, not her our relationship with her, friend. We practically hadn't seen her since our wedding, in which she participated, except for a few brief encounters our first couple couple of years of marriage and then at her own wedding 3 1/2 years ago. She moved up this way within a couple of years of our marriage, so we've been trying, not very successfully to get together with her and her husband who we met at her wedding reception, of which he probably has no memory of, since he met so many people that night. She was not only one of my 5 college housemates, but she was the one who introduced me to Andy. Can I just say how wonderful it was to see her. How much fun we had, laughing, talking, getting to know each other as "grown-ups", sharing a few memories, but not many. I loved how much we had to talk about. We didn't have to rely on our shared memories to fill the space. My kids loved her, her husband and her baby sister (who was always my favorite of all the sisters). It was so fun. The kids were still talking about it the next day, so I pulled out my Wedding Album and we went through it, me saying
"There's Carol, there's Carol, there's Carol..."
So now for your viewing pleasure...

There's Carol

(the one on the end with the cute up-do)

3 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

That is so GREAT you got to see Carol! How is she doing? I miss seeing everyone and wish we were all closer together! We should have a "reunion" . . . somehow.

Were your wedding pics taken with a digital camera or did you take the negatives in and have them put on CD? Ours are on negatives and I want to transfer them to cd but don't know where to take them or if that is even possible.

Also I was going to comment on your handmade post but I just don't have time to make anything to send out. It sounds like a really fun idea.

Nikki said...

I believe this photo should be titled "fish face." Oh, so many good memories of that house of girls. Two words, ANYTHING BOX. Great memories, it is so much fun to see you post your wedding pics. I can't believe it's been 10 years! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Our wedding photos are on film. I just scanned them in for the blog. I don't know if you can put them on cd, let me know if you can, I'd like to do that too.

Nikki-do you have a blog? Send me an invite!