The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bike Lane

Today while I was driving I noticed a guy on a scooter who was struggling to make it up a pretty steep hill and was interrupting the flow of traffic. As I was passing him, thankfully I was already in the other lane, and I was reminded of a funny high school story...
My older sister, Mary, was driving us to early morning seminary in our 1988 Pontiac Grand Am (it was a wicked cool car in our day) when we came upon a guy on a moped. Now since Mary was driving we were, of course, late, and I was very impatient with her since I can't stand to be late. I remember being stuck behind this poor kid (or poor us?) and Mary getting increasingly frustrated. After honking, flashing lights, etc...(she was 17, we all drove like that then) she leaned her head out the window and started screaming "BIKE LANE, BIKE LANE" at the poor kid. He never did move, but man we have a good story to show for our lateness.
I couldn't help but giggle and yell "bike lane" in my head today.
Thanks for the giggle Mary!

2 comments:

Sarah Nelson said...

Bike Lane!!!!!!

Rebecca Williams said...

oh my gosh!!!!!! I remember this story! I still use "bike lane!" to this day!