The Fam

The Fam

Friday, April 17, 2009

What I've learned...so far

I actually started reading the "7 Habits" book yesterday. I'm as shocked as you are. I really didn't think I would do it, but my post yesterday really inspired me. I guess I was finally ready to accept that maybe I didn't have all the answers.
I am actually loving the book.
I'm already on p.96!
I've learned so far that I am emotionally immature and that I am reactive instead of proactive. Nice.
I'm not bothered by it though. I'm just like, okay that's not good.
Maybe I should uh work on that.
I was talking with Andy yesterday, before I found out that I'm reactive instead of proactive, I was just emotionally immature at that point, anyway I was telling him about what I'd discovered and I could tell he was trying to gage my reaction, see he knows I'm reactive, before he said anything.
I started laughing.
He looked at me funny and I said you know, it is what it is. I'm going to start working on that.
It was so wonderful to share this with my husband and to talk and listen to each other! I told him I was going to blog about being emotionally immature and he looked at me horrified!
I don't see the big deal.
Here's the shocker, I'm not afraid to admit that I have weaknesses...gasp!
Now, there's no way I would have been able to admit this before,
remember emotionally immature.
But, as I was telling Andy, blogging is cathartic.
It's not nearly as confrontational (or embarrassing) as saying it out loud.
I hope you take this in the spirit meant.
Laugh, it's okay, I am.

3 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Melissa - you are hilarious! We all have weaknesses - I don't even want to start to count all mine! You are awesome! I love your personality and attitude about things! First step in changing something is acknowledging it. Be proud of getting that far - most people won't even do that.

Amanda Walsh said...

Good for you!!

Michelle Wilson said...

"And if mend come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weaknesses that they may be humble......then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

I LOVE recognizing my weakness because it gives me hope that I can be stronger than I am. What a great feeling, and what a great person you are!

PS- I love brown, too......and Cookie Lee :) You know, chocolate is brown:)