The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wicked Witch

Delaney is so easy going about so many things, but the one thing she is crazy about is water. If there is even one drop on her, the whole outfit has to go! She literally freaks out! So, last night at dinner all of the sudden I heard
"ooh, ooh, ooh (with increasing drama and tragedy) I spilled my water."
Andy and I both pop off with "you're fine" without even glancing in her direction to investigate damage. Of course this only makes her more upset and more insistent that she have a new shirt (30 minutes before bed time). I was about to tell her that she could change into her pajamas if she wanted, which NEVER goes over well, when Andy pops off with
"Wait, wait, wait"
Laney stops the tirade immediately. Hum, a little dramatic?
Then Andy says "I need to ask you a question."
Delaney sniffles and says "what?"
Andy says "Are you the Wicked Witch of the West?"
Laney "huh?"
So, he says it again "Are you the Wicked Witch of the West?"
Delaney is still totally confused, but she's now forgotten that her shirt has a spot of water on it.
Andy says "Are you melting?"
She looks at him like he's crazy and says "No"
Then he says "Well if you're not the Wicked Witch and you're not melting, then you're fine."
She then remembers that spilled water started this whole thing and is upset again. Deciding she's not going to get any sympathy from Andy, with is actually quite odd-he's the softy, she turns to me and holding out her shirt says
"Mommy look my shirt is wet"
very pitifully.
I crack and send her to her room for a new shirt (not a pajama shirt, dang it).
She happily finishes her dinner, with the new shirt and then goes out to play.

No comments: