The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Obsess Much?

So, if you can't tell, I'm a little obsessed with brown lately.
I don't know what it is about it, I just LOVE it!
I went Visiting Teaching yesterday and the message was, at first glance, one that I wasn't crazy about. A couple of months ago there was the most fabulous message, but can I even remember what it was about? Nope. Well this months is on Scripture Study. As I was sharing this message with my friend Amanda, I really started thinking. And thinking and thinking. I think about all the things I obsess about. My blog, others blogs, my books, brown. Why don't I obsess over more important things? We were talking about the books we read. Andy recently read "7 Habits" and absolutely loved it. He along with my Sister-in-Law have been encouraging me to read it. I just don't want to. I don't know why. There is absolutely no reason why I can't read that book. I just won't make time for it. Andy has so many books about how to be a better person, how to bring yourself closer to God and our Savior. I haven't read a single one, but have read almost every teen vampire novel there is to read and let me tell you there are a ton!
My new goal is to "obsess" over the right things...
Scriptures, my kids, my husband, my home
I need to "obsess" over making my home a place of refuge from the world. I place for ALL of us, not just the kids, to learn, grow and be strengthened. I need to "obsess" over what my Father in Heaven thinks of me and what I can do to show him how much I love him, to show him how much I appreciate the love, guidance, and support he gives me.
To truly be his daughter.
To show that I am deserving of his love.
That's my new obsession.

2 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Very well said! I totally agree and feel the same way. Thanks for the encouragement and motivation!

P.S. are you always up at 5:30 am? (I noticed the time on your comment on my blog) If so, you are a crazy girl!

Melissa said...

I'm rarely up that early! Just one of those days I couldn't sleep, so I got up and got stuff done.