The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snooze

As any of you who know Andy, you know he is NOT a morning person. Typically, until the last year or so, the alarm clock would go off and this is what would happen...
Me: (lightly shaking Andy) "Baby wake up. Your alarm's going off."
Andy: Snore, snore, snore
Me: (shaking harder) "Babe, your alarm's going off"
Andy: snore "huh" snore
Me: "Seriously Andy. Wake up and turn off the freaking alarm."
Andy: rolls over and slaps the snooze button
Then, 7 minutes later...
"Beep, Beep, Beep"
Me: (kicking Andy) "Get up!"
So, the last few months he's been really good about getting up, even getting ready for work without waking me and waking up the first time I try on the weekends.
Apparently he was really tired last week, because the alarm was going off and I started with the first gentle shake and sweet "Baby..." Andy rolled over and I thought he was waking up, but then all of the sudden he was patting me on the side of my head. Me, being half asleep, was wondering what he was doing, when I realized the alarm was still going off. So, I start cracking up because I've realized that, in his current state, my head has become the snooze button. When I get the words out, between my guffaws, "Did you think I was the alarm clock?" he rolled over to the correct side and managed to turn the alarm clock off and get out of bed.
When I asked him about it later, he was able to laugh too and explain that he was just as confused as to why the alarm wasn't turning off, when he was clearly hitting the snooze button.

No comments: