The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is this cold?

So, throughout our (almost) 10 years of marriage one of Andy's favorite things to do is anytime he's holding something cold (ice cream, milk, ice water etc...) he'll walk up, usually behind me, and press it against my neck, leg, arm (any exposed skin really, he's not particular) and say, as I gasp, "Is this cold?". Well apparently he's done it enough that now the kids have started doing it too. Mostly Delaney. She's our funny one. So this morning I was making her a bowl of cereal and I asked her to grab the milk from the fridge. She was struggling to get the, nearly full, gallon of milk onto the counter, which she only has 1/2 a head of height on. She pauses as it's nearly to the top, lowers it and presses it against my, thankfully covered, stomach and says "Is this cold?" and giggles. I made the appropriate cries of alarm and then she smiled and lifted the milk onto the counter. Thanks Andy!

No comments: