The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sick Bed

It all started a few days ago...
Savannah was home sick with a fever, so I made her a sick bed on the couch. Willson was very intrigued by it and kept trying to sit on it. Savannah was good about laying down so that he didn't have room to be on it.
Willson seemed to be fine with it.
That was until Mason came down with the same thing.
I again pulled out the sick bed blanket and proceeded to make one for Mason. Willson watched me intently. As soon as it was made he crawled up onto the couch and sat at the end of it. Now, Mason being a boy, can't seem to sit still, even when he has a fever, so there was always a place for Willson to sit. In an effort to contain germs, we were constantly shooing Willson off the blanket.
He didn't like that at all!
Being the tired Mom that I was, I'm suffering from a nasty head cold, sick children and screaming baby, I needed a solution fast. So, I asked Willson if he wanted a sick bed too. He looked at me in confusion, so I just went with it. I told Willson to come with me to get a blanket from his room. He dutifully followed me, still confused. We grabbed a blanket from the shelf and brought it back out to the Living Room. As I was spreading the blanket Willson seemed to get the idea. He scrambled on to the couch and was so excited to sit on his sick bed. He was sitting there patting the couch saying "spot, spot" over and over.
He was so excited!
For about 5 minutes.
Such is life.

No comments: