The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scriptures, according to Willson

Tonight we were reading scriptures with the kids, the illustrated kind. Mason was reading, but Willson seemed really interested. I thought, hey, maybe he's ready to start "reading" them too. He was very excited for a chance to read them. So, I would read off the words and he'd repeat them. We were reading about Adam and Eve leaving the Garden of Eden. Keep in mind that he was "reading" one page, which is only about 15 sentences total. So I said, waiting for him to repeat it, "Sometimes they were sad." Willson waits a minute, thinking, then says "Yeah. Sometimes they were sad." We got a little further on and apparently he didn't like what I told him to say because instead of repeating it he said "blah." I moved on laughing like crazy inside. I said the next little phrase and he again said "blah." By now, Andy's across the room, eyes watering from holding the laugh in and I'm trying not to shake Willson on my lap. I repeated what he was supposed to say and after one more "blah." he moved on. I'm thankful he gave up the blah's because one more and I don't think we would have made it through the rest of the page. Further on he had to say "...killed an animal." He again paused, thinking and said, voice squeaky and sounding choked up "killed. animal." He made it through his last two sentences without incident. Then we spent a good five minutes recounting his antics and laughing.

No comments: