The Fam

The Fam

Friday, March 19, 2010

Moments

As a description for my blog I have the quote...
"Be Happy for This Moment,
This Moment is Your Life."
I love this quote.
I was so happy when I found it.
I have to remind myself
(more often than I'd like)
that this is the life I've chosen
and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I had a "Moment" the other night.
I had fallen into a fitful sleep around 11:30.
At 2 am I was woken up by a very angry 2 year old.
I went to check on him.
I'd never seen him like this.
There was pure anger poring from him,
in his cries, his body language, his scrunched up face.
I asked him what was wrong and he continued to rage.
I asked him if he was mad.
He answered in the affirmative.
I asked him what he needed.
He looked up at me and said
"I need you to hold me."
I quickly agreed.
He crawled into his bed,
grabbed his "softy"
handed it to me
and up went the arms.
I gently lifted my little ball of anger
and held him close.
His head immediately hit my shoulder
and we swayed.
I felt his little body relax and knew he was fine.
I kissed his cute little neck
and he looked up at me and said
"Thank you, Mommy."
I've had many a 2 am wake up
usually with a very unhappy me as a result.
This "Moment" was beautiful.
A little boy finding love and comfort in his Mommy's arms.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh Melissa, I love those moments.