The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh, to be a Tween

Savannah and I were laying on her bed the other day talking about her new tween status. She was very excited. We talked about tween stuff... music, boys. She confessed her crush. She has a poster of a cute boy hung in her room (she has good taste, btw). She's listened to more Taylor Swift then I think I would ever want to listen to. We talked about how in a couple of years of years she won't like her parents as much, she'll think we aren't too smart. She just laughed and laughed while we talked about it. I thought she was laughing cause she knew it was true. She wasn't. She was laughing because she couldn't possibly think of any way that that could be true. I was humbled. I know the day will come, I'm just so grateful for my sweet daughter who can't possibly imagine a world where she doesn't absolutely and completely adore her parents just as much as they adore her.
Love you Nan. Happy Birthday.

No comments: