The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thank You

We had a super cool thing happen this year, so I wanted to share my tale. Andy & I had just put the kids to bed, the night before Christmas Eve, when our doorbell rang. I was expecting some friends to stop by to drop something off. So I happily went to answer the door. Upon opening the door I was surprised to see no one there. I got there pretty quick too, I was in the hallway, right by the door when the bell rang. I looked down and sitting on our mat was an envelope with our family name on it. Andy & I opened the envelope and were surprised to find a gift card and cash within. We smiled at each other. Thankful for whoever left this for us and for our blessings. About an hour later the doorbell rang again. I thought, ah, there they are. So I opened the door again and again found no one there. I looked down and this time there was a wrapped package on our mat. I yelled for Andy, completely in shock. There was a tag on the gift, that again had our family name. We brought the present inside. I asked Andy if we should wait or open it now. He told me to open it now. That was all I needed. I tore into the gift. As the first piece ripped off the box we were shocked to see the writing "Wii Sports" We looked at each other again mouths hanging open. Let me ask you this...Who gets doorbell ditched a gift card, cash and a Wii system? We went to bed that night, later then usual, feeling very thankful and very loved.
I have no clue if either of these people read my blog, but I had to do what I could to thank them so...Thank You.

2 comments:

Linda Stauffer said...

I love stories like that. The true meaning of Christmas. It is nice to see the true spirit of giving. That must have been so fun. Warms my heart!

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

That is so awesome! What a wonderful story! So . . . how do you like the Wii? We got the kids one for Christmas this year and we are having a lot of fun! Too bad we aren't closer - we could have a tournament!! LOL! That would be hilarious!