The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Presents

I was telling Andy that I can't wait for next Christmas because I'll finally be able to have Christmas presents under the tree. It's been a few years since we've been able to do that. The other day we received a package from Andy's parents with Christmas presents in it. I put the presents out as a trial. Besides a ripped off bow, he did pretty good. So a couple of days later, after the kids had gone to bed, I wrapped a few to put under the tree. I thought if I didn't call attention to it he wouldn't notice. I was totally wrong. Willson came downstairs, looked at the bottom of the tree and his eyes lit up. He whispered with awe and excitement "presents"
His little hands immediately began working. He was trying so hard not to touch them. He just kept getting more and more excited. His eyes glowing and locked on the gifts, his smile huge, and his hands moving faster and faster. Finally the excitement was too much and he looked at me and said "I smell it!" I burst out laughing and before I could do anything else he was on the floor smelling the presents and giggling. A little sniffing didn't hurt them a bit!

2 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

I love it! "A little sniffing" - so cute!

Tom and Amy said...

Cute! Maybe wrapped presents could be the next big holiday scent at Bath and Body Works!