The Fam

The Fam

Friday, December 18, 2009

A little bit wrong, but oh sooo right!

The other day, some friends were telling me about this new donut shop in town. It sounded pretty hoity toity, but intriguing at the same time. I told Andy about it and he was intrigued too. Imagine my surprise when Andy showed up with donuts this afternoon. He presented me with my absolute favorite, pink frosting, which I haven't had since we left CA. Then he leaned over to show me what he was sampling. It looked like a maple bar, but there was something on it. I thought maybe some kind of nuts, so I asked him what it was. It was bacon. Yep, bacon on a maple bar. I gasped and ewwed. Then he reasoned with me. When I have bacon with breakfast, what do I do? Um, smother it in syrup. When we buy sausage, what kind do we buy? Um, maple and brown sugar. I still was not swayed. Finally out of sheer curiosity I relented to just trying a bite. Holy Crap. It was so good and so right. Seriously.
Try it. You'll love it!

No comments: