The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's a girl thing

Today Mason and Delaney were being TOO loud and crazy. After telling them to calm down or go outside SEVERAL times, I told them they were kicked out of the house. I sent them to the backyard and they did NOT take it well.
Delaney was so overcome by emotion she
could only sit on the steps and cry. Mason took to sobbing in the chair It was one of the funniest things I ever saw.
I was laughing so hard.
Delaney yelled at me
"Why did you do this to us?"
That only made me laugh harder.
It was working on Delaney.
She was trying so hard not to laugh and stay mad at me.
She had to walk to other side of the yard to stay upset.
Now, unfortunately my laughing made Mason angry.
So, I grabbed Willson and we both came outside to play.
Both immediately perked up.
The kids were running in the grass with their arms out like airplanes,
when Delaney accidentally ran into Willson
and knocked him down.
He was totally fine and no one was upset except Delaney.
She burst into tears,
I started laughing and telling her that it was okay,
everyone was fine, no harm done.
She had her hands covering her face and sobbed
"Oh, why am I crying?"
I scooped her up in my arms, laughed and said
"Cause you're a girl"

1 comment:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Ahh, crying - the curse/benefit of being a girl. Such a cute story!