The Fam

The Fam

Monday, September 27, 2010

(my) first week of school

I did it.
I went back to college.
I'm taking English, Art History and PE.
Go ahead, laugh at the PE.
Everyone has.
Oh yeah, it starts at 6:30 am.
Go ahead, laugh again.
So, Melissa, how did your first week of school go?
Well, lets see...
Monday. Really tired.
Really Nervous.
Really Excited.
Tuesday. Really tired.
Excited.
Wednesday. Could I be anymore tired.
Good thing it's my Friday (for this first week, anyway)
I have so much freaking homework.
When you have to read, because someone tells you to, yeah not so fun.
Good thing I have the next four days off.
Online courses might be quite a bit harder then I originally anticipated.
At least I only have one.
Still excited!
Thursday. 4 am.
Oh, crap, I have the stomach flu.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Heavenly Father for keeping me well long enough for my classes to end for the week.
8 am. Savannah "I think I'm gonna puke!"
Okay, the kids were sick. It lasts 12 hours. I'll be fine by 4 pm.
Fevered haze, that I later find out is called Thursday.
Friday. Okay, I'm gonna be better today.
I make it downstairs, that's something at least.
Fever returns Friday night.
Saturday. I've got to be better today!
Still feel like crap.
Sitting at the computer trying to write an essay, that's due by Sunday, on reading that I haven't completed because my brain is so freaking foggy.
Crying.
Mind clears enough to get it done.
(the paper, not the reading)
Go to the Relief Society Broadcast.
Can't make it through the whole thing.
Too tired.
Wake up Sunday morning.
Wonder if I actually slept the night before because it sure doesn't feel like it.
Trying to get ready for church meeting.
Just can't do it.
Attend church.
Start feeling better.
Eat a really yummy dinner.
Feeling a lot better.
Get ready for bed and remember.
I have to go back to school again.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Good for you Melissa! That will be a huge sacrifice but you are one tough cookie! Hang in there!! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

Rae Ann said...

Way to go Melissa! You are inspirational to me. I love your blog!

Debbie said...

OK - now I'm scared to go back!! ;-)
Love you and your honesty!