The Fam

The Fam

Monday, June 28, 2010

Purses

My friend ran across a pattern for a really cute purse online. I saw hers and fell in love. Of course, I decided I wanted to make one for myself too. Imagine my surprise when she made one for me as a thank you for watching her kids. I was so excited! I'd seen on the site that they also enlarged the pattern. (130%) So I went ahead and tried that and added an over the shoulder long strap to mine. Using scraps I already had. No money spent at all.
*Free project, my favorite kind
Then, I've been wanting a new big ole bag for church. So, I found this fabric and absolutely fell in love with it. This bag cost $4. I used scraps for the topper and liner fabric. My new favorite bag! So in love!


Just to give you some perspective on the the size of this bag, here's the pattern for the liner fabric sitting on my sewing desk. I enlarged it by 200%


Here's a link to the pattern. I don't know how to do the fancy click here thing.




4 comments:

Melissa said...

How awesome! I love them! You can start an etsy shop with all your creativity!

Tom and Amy said...

Those are so so cute! I love the fabric for your big church one!

Lindsey said...

Adorable. Thanks for the pattern. I'm looking for stuff to do with my newly-aquired sewing machine!

Forever Green said...

Hi Melis! I LOVE your fun things you make. Here's another web site you might like to check out. Happy creating!

http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2008/11/tiered-skirt-aka-twirl-skirt.html