The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Night Owl

Savannah loves to stay up late. That's how she rolls. So last night when I discovered her light on WAY past bed time I went to investigate. A few weeks ago she was having nightmares, so she slept with it on. I walked into her room and found her obviously faking sleep. She pretended to sleepily sit up. I decided to play along. I asked why her light was still on. She kind of shrugged. I asked her if she was having bad dreams. She said no. I asked her what she was doing. She sat there for a minute and then tentatively pointed at her nightstand. I scanned the night stand looking for books, stories she was writing and found none. The only thing there was her scriptures on top of a pile of friend magazines. I asked her again what she'd been doing. She again pointed at her nightstand, more confidently this time. So I asked her if she was reading her scriptures. She nodded and added that she was reading some stuff she got from Primary too. Before I could stop myself I blurted out "Really?" She quietly nodded again. How could I get mad at that? I calmly and quietly reminded her that we have bedtimes for a reason and that she needed to go to sleep. She quietly agreed and prepared to go to sleep. I turned off her light and walked out of her room feeling thankful for my sweet daughter.

2 comments:

Linda Stauffer said...

Okay, that made me a little teary-eyed. Way to go Savannah!

Lindsey said...

she was reading scriptures and it didn't put her to sleep for real?:) don't you love being a mom at moments like these??