The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, June 23, 2012

How to be a pArtY aNiMal

The stars aligned.
It was the annual Father Son camp out,
Savannah got invited to spend the night at a friends house
and Delaney (my cuddle monkey) and I prepared to have a little partay.
We did some shopping, got lots of food.
Then the phone call came.
The camp out was cancelled, due to rain.  Oh the joys of living in Seattle!

The party must go on!
The boys were relegated to the downstairs and Laney & I took the upstairs,
which is exactly where we planned to be.
Food...Check
Pizza Rolls & Snicker Ice Cream Bars
(On a side note...
Pizza Rolls?  I know.  So gross. 
But about once a year I crave the yummy grossness.  It can't be helped.)
Movie...Check
Just Like Heaven
Bed...Check
Lane made the bed for me, she's the best!

We got all snuggled up in bed, started eating our delicious treats and were enjoying the movie. 
Sometime after finishing our food I noticed I was getting really sleepy and falling asleep. 
I immediately felt guilty for ruining our little girl party. 
I leaned over to check on Delaney and found her asleep. 
I touched her little cheek and asked her if she was sleeping. 
She sleepily opened her eyes and smiled at me. 
I told her to go back to sleep, internally celebrated and went back to sleep myself.
So what if we fell asleep by 8:30, we're still party animals, remember the pizza rolls...A-ni-mal.

When I got up this morning I was laughing with Andy about how early we conked out.
Turns out he came up at 7:45, we were both out.

1 comment:

Sarah Nelson said...

Ha ha! You party animals! Hope you had fun anyway. :)