The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm back from Nauvoo

My Sister, Becky, and I flew out to visit our other Sister, Mary, in Nauvoo. I had an amazing time! I will post more about that later, but I wanted to get a few pictures up.
So, here our my faves...
Carthage JailThis is the site where the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum Smith were martyred. The Spirit there was one of peace. It was truly amazing. I left knowing that those men had done the Lord's work and there was nothing to be sad about. There's a quote somewhere, I'll paraphrase...
"...they lived great, they died great..."

The Homestead
This is the home that Joseph Smith and his family lived in when they first came to Nauvoo. Only the brown log structure is original, the rest was added later. It was amazing walking into that original room. You could just feel it.
This was their home. Amazing.
Nauvoo LDS Temple
No words to describe. I could have spent days here. What's truly amazing is that this was rebuilt just as is it was 150 years ago. With the exception of the modern upgrades needed (bathrooms & elevators) it was made to the original specifications. I was amazed by the colors, beautiful greens and yellows and dark stained wood. Gorgeous windows & fixtures. I talked to my brother-in-law about it. Those were the original colors used in the Temple. It was truly incredible.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

So great! I am leaving on Wednesday to go to our cousins wedding in Nauvoo. Yay! Glad you had a great time!