The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tastes like Chicken

I was on the computer, I think I was actually blogging at the time. We had just pulled out our Halloween decorations and with them two really cool rubber spiders. Willson fell in love with them and was carrying them around, biting and pulling on them. Since we were in the Family Room together I wasn't worried about a thing...
That is until I heard him screaming "Eww" and saw him running back and forth behind me. I whirled around, thinking we had a diaper issue. Instead I found Willson had bit the head off the spider and I now had pellets all over my floor. We were expecting guests within minutes, so I hurriedly ran for the vacuum. Willson continued to scream "Eww" and run through the decapitated spider mess. I quickly vacuumed and as I was getting ready to put the vacuum away, Delaney said that she thought she heard someone knocking. I ran to the door and our friends were there. I apologized, said I hoped they hadn't been waiting long and explained that I had the vacuum on because Willson bit the head off a spider.
When I saw her look of horror and disgust I realized what I'd said. I reassured her that my son was not psycho and that I merely misspoke. Moral of the story, when you're frazzled, watch what you say.

2 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

That is hilarious!! Oh man!!!

Amanda Walsh said...

Laughing again. I love reading your blog~!