The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Christmas

So, I was recently called to the Activities Committee for our ward, along with my Enrichment Committee calling. I went to my first meeting last week. We were talking about assignments for our upcoming Halloween party. When asked what my talents were I told them that I'm really good at showing up. I can also follow directions really well. I'm not terribly good at coming up with party decorations, but I am really good at seeing someones vision through. That being said, I've been blog stalking a few places that have really good ideas for gifts. Christmas this year is going to be slim, so I decided I want to make our Christmas gifts. I'm super excited about it! I love to make things for those I love. I've seen lots of great ideas. Yeah, I'm going on blogs of people I've never met and using their great ideas. I'm struggling with what to make for Mason though. Girls are so much easier to make things for, so if anyone has any handmade boy ideas I would really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Tom and Amy said...

I found a pattern online for sewing a Jedi robe...that and a lightsaber would be a hit. If he likes Star Wars. Instead of buying fabric just but the twin flat sheet, they sell dark brown or light brown at Walmart for $3! Or black if he wants to be a Dark Side person.

Melissa said...

Seriously, this is going to be the best christmas for yall. Mason, what about a superman cape? Is he into dress up at all? Is he crafty? Beacue you could by him a ceramic dinosaur and let him paint it up like crazy. Wow, that all just sounds like so much fun, maybe we will do that too!