The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

J-O-B

I have to get a job.  I'm really fighting this though.  I don't want a job.  I want people to pay me to make things for them or buy fabric from me.  Unfortunately that's not happening with enough regularity for our budget.  It sucks.  

Last week I got a job.  I've been looking for a while and the timing and money were EXACTLY what we needed.  It was an answer to tons of prayers.  I was so excited for this new phase in our life. You know, the phase where we can pay all our bills all by ourselves without selling something.

I was hired to watch 2 children, a 4 year old and 7 year old.  The schedule is perfect.  I can still watch my sweet 1 year old that I love!  

Today was to be my first day.  I got an email Sunday night that she found a friend, closer to her home, that was willing to watch them.  

Wait, what??  

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling.  I really thought this was the answer. That our situation was going to improve dramatically.  

Now I feel lost and confused.  And a little destroyed.  I know I shouldn't but, it's hard to change how you feel sometimes.  Hopefully by writing this I can excise some of that pain.


No comments: